Client (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the DocuWare client in this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to modify Docuware assigned groups via Active Directory

As it stands the synchronization only allows to sync newly created users. Existing users cannot be modified via Sync, therefore you can not change the access via AD or modify the name or status. I understand the limitation for users created manually, but users created via Sync should have the capacity to be modified via sync as well. The current procedure to be able to modify a user is to delete it from docuware and run a new sync to be recreated. This is no practical for many reasons including the loss of user configurations and AD not matching what…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Select List - Choose Variable Item Count Shown

The 50 item limit for return in a Select List can be an issue. For instance, I have a list of GL Codes where the users are not expected to know enough to type ahead and reference items that they cannot see. They need to see the whole list. Not the first time I've run up against this and seems like it might not be too much trouble to let us choose how many returns will show in the unfiltered list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send Request improvement

Send Request could be very helpful with two additional pieces (already there) added. Where the "Document Subject Started" columns are, I would like to see "User" and "Decision" columns added. This would allow you to sort by user or decision, and see it at a glance rather than opening each one.

Also as the sender, I would like to see the number bubble come up when a decision has been made on a request that I sent out. Right now i have to hunt it down in the Sent Requests menu. There's no feedback to the sender.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Supporting PostgeSQL

Has DocuWare looked into supporting PostgreSQL? It is an open source product that is quickly overtaking Oracle as a the big guy on the block. Can manage as many users as you want and PETABYTES of data.

There are also features within the product supports a multitude of sophisticated query, index, partitioning of tables and Isolations as well as JIT, Parallelization of reads and indexing. Suuports PITR actively and security authentication can be as complicated as you want. Supports procedural language like PGSQL. Perl, Python etc, supports foreign data wrapping to connect to other datasbases or streams using the SQL…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Keep viewer open when clipping a new document

Users would like to be able to see the original document when clipping a new one. Currently the viewed document closes as soon as the tray opens for selecting a document to clip. The stored documents have a number and the new ones in the tray have that same number. All the numbers look similar, so currently behavior requires that the user memorize which number is to be selected. With many documents in the tray and frequent phone calls and interruptions they can make mistakes, which then are hard to fix because clipped documents cannot be easily edited.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Comment fields in Trays, Search and Store

I suggest that it would be useful for administrators to be able to add comment fields to Trays, Search Dialogs and Store Dialogs to help users with instructions and tips

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better error messages

They don’t always stand out on the screen and seldom offer any helpful hints as to what the error is.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. FIX THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT SAYS I'VE LOCKED MYSELF FROM MY OWN DOCUMENT

I have to re-do too many things, too many times because of this glitch. Please fix it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Norwegian Date/Time Format

Alot of norwegian customers want norwegian Date/Time Format in the web client

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Trash Can

Add a trashcan to each user account, where all deleted documents reside after deletion, and can be restored from, for a period of 90 days prior to permanent deletion.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Set Global Settings for User Profiles

Can we have Global Settings for User Profiles. This way all user dialogs may be set uniformly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Desktop Apps - History

Show the import config used in the history grid list as a column without having to select it first.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Restore deleted documents

Hi
    It could be nice and really well appreciated to be able to restore documents after deletion, a bit like the Windows recycle bin
    Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Select Lists - Wildcard Sorting

There is a hit for this in the workflow context, but would be great to be able to use wildcards for select lists universally. The type ahead functionality is great, but being able to use a wildcard here would really help where the type ahead string might get pretty long before you start to get to the part of the string that starts to differ.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. expanded use of Table fields

I was excited to see the new table field type in version 7.1. However, it does not appear that I will be able to use it as planned.

Our situation: We will receive a check from one our clients who may have several accounts with us. In the accompanying instructions, the client requests to have the check amount distributed evenly among all of their accounts. The instructions may or may not specify account numbers and amounts.
    Once the values have been distributed to each account, we still need to have the capability to search for and retrieve the document using…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Product Overview should be accessible for some users

It would be good to be able to allow certain users to have access to "Product Overview" in the Configuration so that they can reassign user licenses and check the capacity of the system etc. without having to be a full system admin.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change languaje - file cabinet and fields

I suggest to translate to different languages, not only the web interface and the system entries, you could also add the name of the file cabinets and their fields.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Replacing attached file

Sometimes we need to replace a file totally with other format file. For example, we search and find one document and after that we want to replace the attached file totally. we want to replace for example jpg file with word file.
    With check-in and check-out and clip may be it is possible but it is not easy and complicated.
    How we can replace attached file?

Best Regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Date Format. Can format be set at system level as opossed to each user . European format rather than US

We have found that the date is set to US format. We are in Europe so want to have the format set to European. Support tell us that this can be done locally for each user. Would it be possible to set this at a system level rather than relying on the user to do it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea.
    Right now we are focusing on other topics, so we are not considering this idea for future releases. If the demand for this topic increases, we might add it to future plans.

The DocuWare Web Client determines regional settings automatically by using the browser settings. If the users browser is set to englisch (US) then the user will automatically see US formatted dates.

20. File Type Icon in Web Client [...]

Please update the Web Client file format template to include .txt and .msg files when storing through the Explorer Client. See attached for discrepancies. These documents were all stored via Explorer Client, but don't display their file types in the Web Client.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base