Skip to content

Client (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the DocuWare client in this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1335 results found

1. An option, where we can change the tab title in the browser to a chosen field

When multiple tabs are open in the browser, it only shows "DocuWare". It would be nice to see the title of the open document or maybe to choose what field should be displayed in the tab title.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Notification Time Frame Based on Curent Date

I can create a list with the logic to show documents that are on or before a certain number of days out. It would be nice to be able to create a notification using the same logic. I can create a notification with a specific date, but I want to create the notification based on a time frame before or after the current date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Be able to arrange the mobile view manually on forms or have a separate design page for it

i have noticed that docuware automatically sets the form width on the mobile view by the widest element then stretched all the fields / drop downs etc to fit. problem i have is that people on the mobiles have to scroll sideways on their mobiles to click the drop down and i cant reduce the size of some of the elements causing this as they need to be the size they are for when it is exported as a pdf so it doesnt look funny or out of proportion. is there any wat to customize the mobile view? also if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Alert for a Global Tray when documents get added

Would be super helpful if you can send an email alert to a specific address when new files were added to the tray. we have a an assigned employee that files our docs for us and an alert would be helpful to know files have been added to files, rather than having to keep checking the tray every 1/2 hour manually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow configuring Windows Authentication to still require entering a password

Perhaps a web.config setting already allows one to require user passwords even with Windows Authentication. This is a requirement at a bio-pharma manufacturer. We have fiddled with IIS settings such as specifying Kerberos with some success but without consistency. Can these web.config settings handle this now or can something to comply with this requirement be added?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sort fields alphabetically when index data is modified

When an operation is performed to change the index of a field in several records The fields do not appear in order and it is more complicated when you have a large number of fields

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To be able to see the complete history of a document not only that of the task workflow

223 / 5000
    Translation results
    When I search for a document I have the context menu to see the history of everything that happened in the life of the document.
    When I try to do the same within a task, I can only see the workflow history of the task.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve auto index speed times by running queries for each batch rather than each file

I have a local data connection setup with my ERP software, and auto index figured on a file cabinet. We are running into weird errors where auto index is failing to run and I recently discovered that auto index runs the query for each file rather than by batch.

I'm seeing query times upwards of 7 seconds per file. If we store in this particular file cabinet 100 files at a time, it would take 12 minutes to process all that data. However, it could only take as little as 7 seconds to run the query once and assign all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. archive data

Ability to Archive documents in each of the file cabinets, to reduce storage space. For example, ability to zip or condense a file size. Yet we will still need to be able to access them through the application. Currently on 7.3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add gl assignments to recurring invoices

I have multiple invoices that we pay each month (some having multiple GL assignments). Each month I have to re-enter the GL assignments and $ amounts. There should be a "memorized" function for these types of recurring invoices so I do not have to enter each month.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Storing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to suggest strongly that you add an option in the docuware desktop app...

I highly suggest you add a check box in the settings in the docuware apps setting under "import" that allows a sub folder to get deleted as well after it sends up the files to store. Currently, If you set up files to automatically go to docuware that are dropped in a watch folder, using a subfolder that gets dragged in... all files within the sub folder gets automatically deleted after the files get sent. That is perfect.. however... the sub folder that the files were sent from remains in the watch folder and stays there. I cant have hundreds…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Storing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Possibility to change the variables order for stamps

In earlier versions, when stamps were configured by Administration utility, it was possible do define the order of variables of the stamp.

Since the introduction of web client for stamps defining, this feature is no more available.

It could be usefull to restore this functionality for old customers that know the previous behaviour and for new ones that ask for fixed text of the stamp to preceed any other variable text.

This is the desired and "no more supported" configuration:

"Fixed Text
    AutoCurrentDate
    AutoCurrentUser"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stamps  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Modify Index Data of multiple Documents in the Result List one after another like in the Store Dialog

If you want to add index data to multiple documents, which are different on every single document, you have to
    1. double click the document in the result list
    2. mark the document again and press CTRL+ALT+I to change ONE documents index-data (or add a button for "quick" access.

But if you want to change multiple documents, this is very time consuming.
    It should be like using the store dialog, where after modifying the next document is displayed and you can instantly move on.

Therefore: Please make it possible to easily modify index data of multiple documents in a result…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Launch the autoindex immediately when a document metadata is updated via the Docuware API

Cuando uso la API para actualizar un indice de un documento y tengo asociado un autoindex que se ejecuta de manera inmediata cuando se actulice, esto no funciona en este caso.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Send a mail notification when an error ocurrs in any automation of configuration

There are times when an autoindex, a deletion policy, etc. fails and to see it you have to enter the option to see it.
    It would be more interesting to be able to establish an email account where you can receive alerts when a problem occurs in them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have the ability to click on a user and have an option to turn on or off e-mail notifications for workflow steps

Example: Click on user Jon Doe and it will show every workflow and step that gets assigned to him. Then give me the option to send email for the step.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. allow spreadsheet documents to update table fields

We have timesheets that are done in excel. Currently all of the timesheets are in docuware and they are downloaded, checked for correctness and then imported into our accounting system for payroll. It would be really nice if we could simply update the spreadsheet and have a table field updated with the results so that the table field could be exported with an sql query. Then one file could be imported into the accounting system rather than one file for each employee. That would also make it so that the entire process could be done in docuware rather than just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search Parameter for Length

If you are expecting a certain number of characters for a specific index field and you want to search for all the documents containing an index with that many characters. This could help people find improperly indexed values within their filing cabinets and allow for cleaner databases.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stamps available for document trays individually

Currently, you only have the feature all file cabinets/document trays for assigning stamps.

We had to change from all file cabinets/documents trays to a specific file cabinet, and in doing so the users lost that ability to stamp in their document trays.

There process is harder to stamp once in the file cabinet do to large volumes of documents being stored and having to handle the document multiple times due to this feature not being able to be assigned only to document trays.

Please allow for this. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Implement Markdown Viewer

If you add a *.md file, it is handled as textfile.
    That is not okay. Please render the document appropriately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base