Skip to content

Desktop Apps (English)

Please post all ideas that concern DocuWare Desktop Apps (Connect to Outlook, Scan, Import, Printer, Smart Connect, Windows Explorer Client) in this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

32 results found

1. Add ability to import the contents of .ZIP files.

If you receive an email that is automatically set to import attached pdfs, it would be helpful to import the contents within a ZIP file, if they are pdfs. Client receives invoices from vendor in ZIP format as they receive a lot of invoices at the same time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Importing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide some Error messages on the Desktop Uploading.

It's come to my attention that if you are pointing a connection to a local folder to upload into a DW instance. If the agent stops there doesn't appear to be any error messages either pop up in the app or via the windows notification pane. (the app is installed on a Server OS is this make any difference) this means as a user we have no idea as to why something has failed. it would be very useful to see a message of be able to be pointed to a log perhaps to see the messages as try and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Certificates not installed locally. Centralized installation

It is normal for company certificates to be installed centrally, not locally.
    It is essential that DocuWare be able to use these centralized certificates, for example "RedTrust" https://redtrust.com/
    It is not always possible to use a locally installed certificate.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow user to select a splitting character for Document Processing configuration

When trying to fill a keyword index value, we currently need to create as many areas as values that we want to read. It would be nice to draw one single area, and then specify "splitting character is a blank, or a \n, or a hyphen" or whatever.
    What would be even nicer would be to select if the string split should occur before or after this character :
    If my string is B123456789B123456790B123456791, splitting character would be "B", but i'd like to keep it in splitted string values.

Best regards,

François Tassy

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Know if a document is signed with a certificate

It is important that from the viewer there was an indicative mark or from the "document processing" template a field of the filing cabinet could be indicated that would take a value depending on the result of the signature.
    In version 5.1, there was a mark in the viewer that indicated if a document was signed with a certificate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. basket per import job if document cannot be filed due to mandatory fields/conditions

Hello
    it should be possible to set an "error basket" per import job (configuration) in the desktop app, in which documents are stored which cannot be stored in the archive due to unfilled mandatory fields or other errors.

Currently, all import job use the user's default basket.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I suggest that you add a search option in the Desktop apps program.

Have the ability to search in the Import jobs within Desktop Apps. We have many locations with multiple different import jobs. Trying to find the import job that you need to change takes a lot of time scrolling though them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. program pages that should auto-delete

We have documents that we scan in and many of them have terms and conditions written on the back. My idea is to be able to program certain pages to auto delete upon scanning. You could even have an auto deleted pages tab inside the desktop app that way one could review the auto deleted pages and make the decision to either A. add it back to the document, or B. permanently delete it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Importing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. DocuWare Import Service Needs Error Notification Capability

The DocuWare Import Service desperately needs some kind of email notification to alert administrators when documents are not going into the system. I have been having an issue lately (I am working with support on this) where documents coming in through the import service are erroring out with a 401 error. I have no way to know this is happening without manually checking the import history or my users telling me there is something missing. Admins need some way to know there are issues so they can be resolved in a timely manner. Unresolved issues lead to users losing confidence…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Import User Interface needs to be possible to sort by folder or taget, etc.

The UI of Import only displays about 8 jobs in the overview depending on screen resolution. Especially in installations with many users you might have 200+ import jobs running to monitor scan folders for the users for example. The interface seems very slow to load and that makes the handling of a larger number of jobs very cumbersome. It would be good to be able to sort the jobs in the overview by various different criteria in a table view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Import jobs keep going or autorestart after failure

Whenever an import job fails for whatever reason, that job stops importing altogether and you have to manually go in there and restart the failed job. This is not ideal as I am not always able to connect with the customer right away to restart the jobs, so there might be a time period where users are not getting any documents imported. It would be great if the import job didn't stop when it failed and maybe somehow could send an email notification to the admin but still kept going. Or autorestart after a certain period, whatever makes the most…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Specify Destination for failed identification

I should be able to tell an Import folder what Document Tray to use if an import fails. This would allow failed jobs to go to a document tray used by multiple people, where they could be taken care of at a greater speed.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Import Filter by file name

Filter file names from import folder. For example i want to exclude file names that contain "TMP".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Regular Expressions for Processing Data in Import Configurations

It would be very nice to be able to use a regular expression when cutting out text in readout areas while assigning to index fields. The current options are very limited, and present some problems in processing.

The exact issue is discussed in this forum post: https://www.docuware.com/forum/english-forums/docuware-questions-about-usage-and-configuration/name-parsing-import-configurations

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create info logs

We can see the import configuration, but we don't know who is using it or where. It would be great to have a running log file that contained details like:
    8/8/2017 - user TGROESCHL enabled "To Doc Tray" import configuration on PC2
    8/9/2017 - user TWEEMS enabled "To File Cabinet" import configuration on PC13

That would tell me what the pc/server name is and also which user the desktop apps are connected as.
    Could even take it a step further by recording job details, like "8 page document successfully submitted 8/9/2017 14:36:05" or "5 page document failed to submit 8/9/2017…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Failed Import Jobs to Document Tray - Nonsense!

In DocuWare 6.8 when I use the IMPORT component of Desktop Apps to run an 1000+ file import from a specified source directory, I don't have to worry if the entire job fails because they go to a subdirectory within my source directory named "Failed" by default. Therefore, it is easy to rerun that job. However, in DocuWare 6.9, failed job files by default go to a document tray. The absolute worst place to manage 1000s of files. WHY! Please either make it so you can select a document tray as a source for the import job, or bring back…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Implement an import jobs failure notification feature

Sometimes import jobs fail, particularly in a server environment where there is no way of knowing that they aren't running properly without hearing from a customer or explicitly checking on the jobs. Therefore, there might be times where documents aren't being imported for a much longer time than we would otherwise know. If there was some sort of notification that can be sent to an assigned email whenever an import job fails, it'd make it much more efficient with regards to troubleshooting that issue much nearer to the initial time of failure as opposed to down the line.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. schedule import jobs

Allow us to schedule DocuWare Import jobs. I have customers who need import across a VPN only at night. Previously they were using the scheduling features of Active Import to do this, but DW Import does not have this feature.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give us the option to ignore embedded PDF textshots

Occasionally we might come across PDF documents that have embedded textshot information that is incorrect or incomplete eg, when a document is OCR'd at an MFP or printed from Crystal Reports to DocuWare Printer. OCR will always be skipped in this case. We should have the option in the import/printer configurations to OCR the document and generate a textshot even if the PDF already contains one.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Split filename during import

A very handy feature to have would be able to split a filename into different index fields during import.

This feature already exists when reading content off a page as the "Cut out text" feature so I suggest adding when selecting the filename. I've run across import projects where there's a very structured file name (i.e. index1index2index3.PDF) and have the ability to split the filename into index fields would be very useful.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base