Skip to content

Configuration (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the configuration of DocuWare in this forum (i.e. DocuWare Administration, Workflow Designer, Desktop Apps).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

20 results found

1. Add option for numeric field without commas

Can an option be added when creating a numeric filed to choose whether or not to display commas to separate thousands? There are times that having a field that shows a year is useful and the commas are not commonly used when displaying this type of information.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to Export List of Users from Administration

Many of our customers have requested the ability to export the list of users from DocuWare (to CSV) with their assigned permissions (Roles, Groups, Profiles, File Cabinet profiles)

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Stop forcing alphabetical sorting of Select Lists.

We can create Select Lists grouped and arraigned in the order that makes sense to the user. But DocuWare insists on resorting the list in alphabetical order. PLEASE STOP DOING THIS!

Now we have to create Select Lists with numeric prefixes to force our sort order. Then the users have to memorize a complete list of prefixes, to allow rapid data entry. They should be able to just start typing the description and have it appear, but be able to pick from a sensibly ordered list if the they need help.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create logging process for Predefined Workflows

There is a need to allow logging so it can be documented that any of the predefined workflows, such as Auto-index Workflows, Deletion Workflow, Export Workflows, and Synchronization Workflows have processed when scheduled.

This can be imported for multiple types of audits, disaster recovery, and business continuation.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Organizational Admin to Edit Network ID

It's always been crazy to me the organizational admin user in DocuWare can not edit a Network ID of a user. You have to log into DW administration as the user to do it. That can be an enormous pain with systems with hundreds of users.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. File Cabinet Creation - Allow the order of fields to be carried over to all dialogs

The most annoying part about setting up a file cabinet is sorting the fields in each of the dialogs. It would be nice if I could check a box that would take the sorting of the store dialog and transfer it to the Storage, Results List, and Info Dialog. This would knock off at least 10-20 minutes from every cabinet build.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improve Administration Tool

Improve the administration tool. First by consolidating all of the different tools and utilities required to administrate Docuware. Create this new Administration tool to where you can do your administration in 1 spot and not in 3 spots on 1 utility and 1 spot on another. 1 location for 1 setting. Inhance the security setting, GROUP,ROLE,PROFILE. TOO MUCH.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stamp Bitmap with Form Field

Currently, if I define a stamp using a bitmap (a nice big angled "Rejected.jpg" image for example), I also want to require the user to specify a rejection reason.

If I do not use a bitmap, I can specify fields. But if I use a bitmap I cannot. This by definition means that I cannot combine a bitmap with a prompt to specify a region.

Please add the ability to use fields with bitmap stamps so that we can prompt users for additional data to go with the stamp.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. DW 6.10 Automatic Numbering - reuse number if cancelled. Allow alpha prefix.

This new feature is great. Thank you, Docuware.

Just couple of things: when the store dialog with AutoNumbering fieldi is envoked, and then the stor operation is cancelled, the number that appeared in the stor dialog is not reused any more - so there is a gap in numbers. Is this an intended behavior or can be it changed so if the store operation is cancelled, that number is still available for the next store.

Since the field with Automatic Numbering is already a text field, would be nice to be allowed to prefix number portion of the field with some…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. User Reporting Capabilities

I would like to see who is using the system and what files each person has touched as well as how many people are in Docuware at any given moment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Separate the Check Out/Check In and Set As Current Version Rights For File Cabinet Profiles

Currently the Check Out/Check In and the Set as Current Version rights are bundled together as the "Check Out" right under the File Cabinet Profiles.

These should be considered as separate rights as we should be able to give users the right to Edit and the ability to set previous versions to current versions without giving the users right to Check Out a document.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Batch user tools for managing users.

Some installations have hundreds or thousands of users. We need tools to manage sub-groups, for ex., the DW customer's customers customers, or enterprise customers with large divisions. In particular one function badly needed is a wayt to export users (and attributes) to CSV or Excel.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. optional fields for groups or user defined tables

For index filters in profiles we often use a database view on the DocuWare Users and grups ("dwGroups, dwUsers, dwUserToGroup").
    This helps to make a SQL index filter with the user-group settings.
    Often the group name itself is implemented in the index filter. For example the users in the DW group with the name "grp_Accounting" are just allowed to see documents of the business unit "Accounting".
    SQL index filter: CURRENTUSERLONGNAME() IN (SELECT v.User FROM View V Where (dwdata.dbo.archiv.)BusinessUnit = LEFT(3,v.groupName)
    (or something like that)
    If there would be a possibility to give groups optional fields we could take this information…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. incomprehensible Restriction on Stamps

If I have an approval stamp and I name it APPROVE and assign it to a single file cabinet and user group. I can NEVER create another stamp that has the display name APPROVE again. Even for a different file cabinet, even for a different user group. -Because of the backwards way you guys treat DISPLAY NAME vs NAME when configuring a stamp, I cannot have a duplicate DISPLAY NAME, really? This is never the case ANYWHERE! What if I wanted to assign another approval stamp to another set of users. I then have to name that stamp something else,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make DocuWare variables available in text area of stamp

Please allow the stamp text area to use DocuWare variables like user name and data/time variables.

Currently the user and date/time can be added as default stamp text but it's in a hard coded order.

Being able to change that order and potentially mix it with additional info would be helpful.

So instead of the standard stamp of this

Username
    Date time

I'd like to be able to configure it to this:

Date time Username

Or this:

CSR Username Date time

Essentially adding variables to the text area opens up a lot of additional options when designing stamps!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. An Index Field can be created so that document stored in the file cabinet can be automatically numbered e.g fin-001, fin-002, and next doc.

I want a situation whereby document given a unique id e.g fin-001, fin-002 should automatically store the next document as fin-003 when an index field is created for this purpose.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stamp assigned to a user overrides no 'can edit index entries' right

If a user is not granted 'Can Edit Index Entries' FC right, but is assigned a stamp that changes index fields - this should work, so the user can use the stamp, but still can't edit index entries via info dialog.
    Currently, if user has no 'Can Edit Index Entries' but has 'Apply new stamp' - the stamp can't be applied if it changes indices.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add tool to allow use to create their own signatures just like they are able to create their own baskets.

Allow users to create their own signatures much like they can create their own baskets without having to go through the DocuWare Administrator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need an option to store just email, without attachments

See attachment, its not possible to just store the email, without the attachment

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base