Skip to content

Configuration (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the configuration of DocuWare in this forum (i.e. DocuWare Administration, Workflow Designer, Desktop Apps).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

18 results found

1. All various configurations such as C2O, Baskets, Printer etc created by other users should be visible to Organization Administrator

All configurations such as baskets, C2O, SmartConnect etc should be visible to Organization Administrator

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After reviewing this use case we have determined that this type of behavior would have a non-desirable impact in organizations which have lots of configurations, where administrators do no wish to see all configurations. We have added to our product roadmap a new idea for improved deletion of users – we have planned a feature to allow the administrator to delete all or take ownership of all configurations owned by a user when deleting that user.

2. administration tool: allow confirm before exit when pressing OK

In the Administration Tool I know that I'm not the only person who wants to apply a change and every once in a while accidentally hits the OK button instead of Apply. I think it might be sufficient to rename it "Save and Close" ... I do appreciate the Ctrl-S and I'm trying to build that habit, but still. Keeps getting me.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea. Unfortunately, due to several factors we are currently not able

to plan this idea for a future version.  

We are slowly moving everythinbg from DocuWare Administration to DocuWare Configuration. There is no other change planned for the Administration except removal of functionality.

3. Docuware Administration for Mac OS X

Docuware Administration for laptot with MAC OS X

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Increase Logging Table Column width from 500 characters to Max

We recently came across a customer that is using a rather large number of index fields due to their process and using Task Manager that we needed to run an Audit on a document to show what had happened. Most of the information was not displayed in the audit because there is a limit of 500 characters in the column width in the table created by DW when creating a logging agent. I would like to request that this be changed to MAX and not 500 as we then lose the ability to truly capture audit data on documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include FullText field in General Search Dialog(Docuware Administration)

In some scenarios it'd be very useful to be able to include FullText criteria in File Cabinet documents filter for let's say a deletion workflow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Active Directory syncing with display name

Allow the syncing of Display Name with in the active directory. This way when selecting a user to assign a task they don't have to know their login name.

For example if my login name was John. Yet there are more than one person named John within the directory. If you use display name the user will see John Smith.

By allowing this I will not have to create special lookup lists or rename all the user accounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is not possible to use the Display Name as username in DocuWare, as it is not unique.
    The User Synchronization App synchronizes also the first and lastname of the users from Active Directory.

We will take a look at the built-in select list of users, to include the first and lastname.

7. Connect to Mail File Type

Since Connect to Mail now supports Exchange Integration in 6.5, it would be quite beneficial for an option to store the email as an MSG file instead of just a PDF as it is now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Mario Schwarz responded

We are using the manufacturer-independent format .eml instead of the Microsoft-proprietary format .msg

8. Intelligent Index Search and Store Fields

Allow Different Index Fields to Be Displayed Based on the Choices Picked in Another Index Field. Example:
    Field 1:

Field 2:
    Based on What Data was picked in Field 1. Different Index Data is displayed in Field 2.

I know this is possible through Select Fields. But the way you have to create and administer this by saving a file in the system is not a good method. They need to improve on the administration of this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea. Unfortunately, due to several factors we are currently not able to plan this idea for a future version. Intelligent Indexing is a service which provides accuratly indexing entries per document not via selected index entries.

9. Having again the possibility of recovery data from the images located in Docuware disks

In previous versions of Docuware, we have a good tool to recover data from disks, very useful when the database had a problem. Why did this functionality disappear?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability or option for Branding to be passed through to URL integration created Search dialogs

Today its not possible with 7.2 to implement branding on pages where only the Search Dialog window is being created via the URL Integration Links without a login.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add the ability to change the DW user ID for SSO purposes

Every time we have a user ID change, we must delete the user and re-sync users. It would be nice for the admin to be able to change this ID even if it's a manual process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Network ID can be changed by the user itself. Login to DocuWare Administration with the affected user and navigate to his user settings.

In future releases Single Sign-On will be based on user name and email address, this means the Network ID will be obsolete.

12. Include fulltext completion monitoring for Fortis 2 DocuWare migrations.

Currently there is no way to know how far along the fulltext ocr process has progressed after a particular document type has migrated. There was a way to monitor it in the admin tool in v 6.10 or 6.11. Don't remember which.
    This would be very handy for a client to be able to know that all their documents have completed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Supplier clean-up

the suppliers can be cleaned up so that only one option is available. eg. Sonepar. Here there are currently three options for the same supplier

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea.
    Unfortunately, due to several factors we are currently not able to plan this idea for a future version. 

This seems to be an issue specific to you installation of DocuWare. Please address this to you administrator or DocuWare partner. There is also a tool available which is called DocuWare Index Cleaner, which can clean up index fields in DocuWare. You can find more information here: http://help.docuware.com/en/#b57860t53810n73285

15. I'm sure that it would be useful if the DW Administration window is highlighted in color if settings not saved.

I'm sure that it would be useful if the DW Administration window is highlighted in color if settings is not saved.
    It is difficult to understand whether the settings are saved. It would be useful if unobtrusive notification appears in the DW Administration window (eg color bar or color line, or other way) that the settings are not saved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Offer DW Administrative Training for Customers

Our company started with DW in just accounting a few years ago. We liked it, so we've started to expand it into other departments (HR, looking at Legal). As our reliance on DW has increased, we have wanted to develop some in-house DW administrative talent to reduce our reliance on external professional services for every small tweak or change. This is where I feel DW has failed. The support portal offers nothing to help getting started with the administration of DW. Customer support directed me to the Docuware training manager (vmail only, never returned any calls).

We are seriously considering…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If you try to install docuware in Windows 7

If you try to install docuware in Windows 7. First configure environment variables in java. Otherwise, full-text server will not function properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Paola,

I am sorry but this is not an idea for improvement but rather a support issue or lack of documentation. Or do you mean that it is not neccessary to configure environment variables?

Best,
    Mario Schwarz

18. how can i move DocuWare from one server to another

i have installed docuware in one server but that server have some problems so i got a new server and i want to move my docuware into the new server without losing the information or the data.

so is there any one that can help me please

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I apologize but you will have to contact the support for your matter. Uservoice shall more serve as a platform for ideas to further improve DocuWare.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base