Skip to content

Client (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the DocuWare client in this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. Add additional permissions to document trays

It would be nice to be able to break out the 'use' permission on a document tray to be two separate permissions: View and Modify. Currently, personnel have full access to another persons working tray when they have the Use permission applied, but they have requested the ability to lock down their own trays where others on the team have visibility (View / Read Only), but not edit.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea.
    Right now we are focusing on other topics, so we are not considering this idea for future releases. If the demand for this topic increases, we might add it to future plans.

Document trays are meant for individual temporary storage. If you want more security you should consider using a file cabinet.

2. allow us to control which store dialogs can be seen from a document tray

document trays are used for different things. eg. invoices coming in to one facility go into a particular document tray (from C2Mailor or from DWImport from a hotfolder linked to that facility's MFP, or users at that facility only have access to that C2O configuration, etc). Wouldn't it be great if any of those invoices could only be stored using one particular store dialog (eg. the Invoices one), even if that particular user also had access to a store dialog for contracts or other documents that never ended up in this tray? That would simplify the user's menus, reduce possible…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a mass delete within the "temp" document tray due to the fact if you have an issue during import all the files get placed there.

Create a mass delete within the "temp" document tray due to the fact if you have an issue during "import" all the files get placed there. I have had to manual go in and delete over 5,000 document multiple times, perhaps add where deletion workflows can be done to document trays

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Documents To Be Placed in the Tray In The Order In Which They Were Selected

When adding files to a tray from a result view or importing, the documents will not keep the order in which they entered the tray.
    This was a feature of the Windows client. They were added to the Basket Synchronously. With the web client they are added Asynchronously and if a larger file takes more processing in the queue it will go in later. Also the modification time seems to be based on minutes rather than the "milliseconds since Epoch to date". This also throws them out of order.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Select "all" choice

Need a “select all” button so I can clear out/delete my tray after I’m done working. For example: I had to copy an entire file section for the state. I had to go through the file page by page to separate out the different documents so only the pages that belonged together were in that document. I split out the next one and so on. I did this because I needed to print them as 2-sided and this was the only way I could think of that wouldn’t put a page that didn’t belong (i.e. 1 of 3 pgs –…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Move document trays configuration to User Management

Add a tab for Document Trays in User management so it is consolidated in one place. This would make managing document tray permissions much easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stamps available for document trays individually

Currently, you only have the feature all file cabinets/document trays for assigning stamps.

We had to change from all file cabinets/documents trays to a specific file cabinet, and in doing so the users lost that ability to stamp in their document trays.

There process is harder to stamp once in the file cabinet do to large volumes of documents being stored and having to handle the document multiple times due to this feature not being able to be assigned only to document trays.

Please allow for this. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Choose if a File Cabinet Document is brought in As Stored or converted to PDF

Docuware has been inconsistent with Trays. Some versions convert all documents going into the tray from the file cabinet to PDF and current versions do not.

There are good reasons for both.

In the case of a legacy system that was once all TIFF images this is very helpful to bring them up-to-date.

In the case of loosing the ability to maintain a records integrity, it should not be allowed.

If you allowed administration to choose a Trays ability to convert or not would allow both.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Be able to set a folder dialog for documents in a tray

A folder dialog is simply a method of viewing whats already there but sorting it in a pre-defined way. We can already sort a tray with very limited options so why can't we set up a folder dialog to show documents in a tray in a certain format? Or at the very least give us the capability to set our own custom filtering options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hide Document Trays

the ability to hide Document Trays tab globally or by user/group if not in use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide utility to show/delete a user's private web basket

Provide utility to show and/or delete a user's private web basket contents or the web basket itself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base