Skip to content

Client (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the DocuWare client in this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

98 results found

1. Hide boolean operators in WEB Client

Make the possibility to hide boolean operators in Search dialog in WEB Client. Now settings made in DW Administration affecting only the DW Windows Client. This feature will ensure that anybody wouldn't hack your hidden fixed value entered into search dialog. Now all defined search dialogs you can workaround by changing the boolean expression into OR mode.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea.
    Changing boolean operators in a Search dialog was only possible in Windows Client and Web Client v.1. Both are now discontinued. This is anyway not possible in Web Client v.2 (DW 6.5+).

On the other side, our advice is security to always be ensured using Profiles instead, as Dialogs can not be 100% secure way of denying access to documents.

2. storage quota for users

Provide an option to set storage quota for users.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Storing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show old versions button has disappeared

In version 6.11 users can display out of date and current versions in the same results list by clicking on "Show old versions" button. This button doesn't existe anymore in DocuWare 7 and 7.1, it is replaced by contextual menu (righ click > Version overview) but it is not exactly the same. This new feature displays versions in a separate result list which is not possible to cutomize. Moreover, this Version Overview shows only versions of one document, it is not possible to search for several documents' version at the same time

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Client/Admin to Modify the Color of the Task List or Result List Title Bar

It would be beneficial to allow the clients or admins to modify the color of the task list/result list title bar in the web client. Currently through the designer, it only allows you to modify the header bar colors.

This is very helpful when clients have many different task lists/result lists pinned. I posted an image of a client with multiple task lists for an example of the area I am referring to and why color modifications would help easily identify task lists.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow for filename to overwrite 'keep entries' setting.

When 'Keep Entries' is selected within Store Dialog the index field which is configured as filename should be allowed to be populated with new document filename while other fields keep previous entries.
    Even better, it should be allowed within the store dialog to select which fields are to 'keep entries' and which are not.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Mario Schwarz responded

Thank you for your idea, Josef. I am sorry but this feature will not be implemented in the near future.

6. Create the ability to index files in a basket/tray from an external data source prior to the file being stored in a file cabinet.

Create the ability to index files in a basket/tray from an external data source prior to the file being stored in a file cabinet. This would allow table-driven preindexing for consistency and to save users time when preparing to store.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Indexing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Email Notification from Document Trays

You should be able to generate an email notification for a document being stored in a Tray instead of just a file cabinet.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Custom URL for Forms

Currently getting to the Forms is not very convinient as a User.
    I would like to have the option to create custom URLs, and not just the default http://FQDN/Docuware/Platform/WebClient/Forms/FORMNAME?orgID=ORGID link. Maybe a little Editbox in the Forms Overview right under the URL field to type a custom URL which redirects to the form so the Users can go with http://FQDN/FORMNAME for example.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. user prompt for duplicate documents when storing

Option to have a user prompt at point of storing a document if DW detects that duplicate meta data fields already exist in the cabinet
    User decision to store or not store document based on meta data.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Storing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Cloud Desktop App Updates

Desktop App minor updates are currently delivered automatically when they are released. This occurs quite frequently, about once a week. These frequent client updates represent a high IT overhead for proper release cycles and needs to be refactored for a longer cadence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Displaying a custom DocuWare Tutorial instead of default one

I would like to be able to able to customize the default DocuWare Tutorial and display my own tutorial which is customized for my end users. There are certain things that I would like to display for them.

Or maybe it is possible to edit the current tutorial? Is there a place where I can add a couple of pages?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve performance of Web Client and Configuration.

All features of the Web Client and Configurations could use improvements on performance. It doesn't even compare to the thick client performance. It feels like the old days constantly waiting for web pages to show up.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. No consuming of a license to administrate file cabinets

Since the creation and administration of file cabinets has been move from the Admin Tool to the Web Client it now requires the administrator to have and consume a named license. I as a Docuware support person have the responsibility for administrating many customers system. Since the cloud only has named licenses I will need to have a admin user created for all my customers. I would like to see Docuware have an Admin user that would only have access to the web client to administer the Docuware configurations and would not consume a license.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. alert warning of pending activities

alert warning of pending activities

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Creating one file when downloading multiple files

It would be nice when exporting documents to create one file instead of multiple file folders with one file in each. Also the ability to export the data from the fields into a .csv file as a directory.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Exporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change the ability to edit multiple index entries in one go on Profile level.

Since a while it is possible to change the index data for multiple documents at once for 'normal' users too, whereas this was previously only possible for admins. I know we can go to the Result View settings to disable this option, but I would still like to be able to do a mass-index-change as an admin with the same Result View and disable this option for the regular user from a security perspective.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically populate numeric range fields

In my organisation we search for purchase invoices by entering a 'from' and 'to' range of their document numbers. When moving from the 'from' field to the 'to' field in DocuWare 5.1b the 'to' field would automatically update to the same number as the 'from' field. This happened whether there was already data in the 'to' field, but only if the 'to' field was selected (if it was not selected then it would retain whatever data was in there). Now that we have upgraded to the latest version of DocuWare this happens only if the 'to' field is blank. If…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Do not use a Client License when user is logged out of Web Client but still is still connected to DocuWare Desktop

We were told by DocuWare Support that if DocuWare Desktop has an active connection then it will not consume a license. This is a major flaw in licensing a tremendous burden on the end user. After logging out of the Web Client, end users will need to open up DocuWare Desktop > Connections > highlight activated Connections > Remove each connection in order to be officially logged out of DocuWare to not take up a client license. Then they will need to re-Connect to Desktop Apps every time they log back into DocuWare if they are going to scan, import,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

DocuWare Desktop applications does not comsume a client license. Even if the user is storing documents directly to the system, there is no license consumed. So it is not needed to remove connections in order to be logged out.

Gerardo did already mention this in his comment.

19. DocuWare should look at what it did right in the think client and repeat the same successful implements ion of process in the thin client.

The think client allowed very sophisticated things like multiple cabinet searches, nested searches, rubber band OCR, everything that active import did that import does not do, make active import a real service and not a desktop tool. Cut and paste from image, oct from image, copy, user chosen complex sorting. complex sorting on more than 1 field. paste image, and if you decide to keep the think client. I would encourage this....make the think client and the thin client work together...enable them to use each other's baskets, settings, style

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Field entry matchs standard Web functionality

1. If there is already a field filled in, but it’s wrong, it won’t replace when highlighted, the user has to manually wipe it out.
    2. If you type very fast, it will leave out letters. I believe it is accessing the select list as you type, but if you want to just type an entire word, even though you keep typing, it is trying to access the select list after a couple of letters, but then it realizes you are still typing so it then shows the letters you are typing, but it misses the letters you typed while it was…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Mario Schwarz responded

I will inform the reponsible product manager about this issue but will close the idea as this semms to be more of a faulty behavior that needs to be investigated by our Support team in a support case. Thank you for understanding.

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base