Skip to content

Configuration (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the configuration of DocuWare in this forum (i.e. DocuWare Administration, Workflow Designer, Desktop Apps).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

121 results found

1. Create pop-out box when adding/editing a SQL query of a Data Source

Currently when adding/editing a SQL query of a Data Source (i.e. Select List) the field is locked and you can only see so much of a longer query

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add dialog checking to the Integrity Check tool

The integrity check tool does not scrutinize dialogs for things like duplicate fields, or fields that don't exist in the file cabinet. These problems can happen if there is a database timeout when adding or deleting a field in a file cabinet. When it happens, the only way to repair it is manually inspect the settings column for each dialog in the database.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add an audit tool to locate Jobs

Import jobs can run under multiple users on the server and/or on any workstation. Currently there's no way to find them without logging in on each machine with each user to find connections and jobs. I recommend adding a tool on the server to audit all jobs connecting its incoming Desktop App receipts like Imports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Google Analytics OR use of analytics report to track the users

Hello,

Our organization uses google analytics for reporting on all our websites and applications. We would like to incorporate DocuWare into this reporting. Is this available already or planned?

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cloud- Remaining Storage Notifications

Ability to add a second person to receive automatic notifications when available cloud storage is low. (Recommendation from George Junior Republic.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. User Productivity Reporting

DocuWare should include some basic reporting for administrative purposes. Our area tracks 40+ users per week to see if they are meeting their scanning requirements. Right now, I do this via the SQL backend and a few queries, but it would be great is I did not have to do this every week. Tracking users via the web interface is not viable when you have so many active daily scan users.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have server name in admin tool for non admin users.

For users that don't have access to the system configurations, there is no way to know what server you are connected to once in the admin tool. Client has a test system and production. Yes, they have to type the server name in to connect but they want something, either top bar or bottom bar, to state which server they are connected to. That way if they get distracted, they don't have to log out and then log back in to figure out which one they are connected to.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change default paper size/region

We are North American clients, and we really need a setting to change the default paper size to Letter(in Connect to Mail, Printer, etc...). A region setting that would automatically setup Printers and Connect to Mail to the default paper size of the region would be amazing.

Otherwise, all connect to mail emails are saved as A4 size, which messes with older printers, and also makes emails print out oddly on paper. The Docuware Printer also doesn't have a UI option to change the setting. It has a registry change, but a server side auto-deployed setting would make much more…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. URL Creater Options

I would like to be able to create URL's that will take someone to the full Docuware interface while still redirecting them to the piece I want. Currently, if I want to take someone to their task list, it gives them a pruned down interface that doesn't allow them to use all of the features of docuware. Very confusing for the users, as there is no easy way to get the the full interface from the hobbled version.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow use of SQL Queries to get a "Predefined" search term.

I would like to be able to use an SQL query to get the value for a predefined search field.

For instance, to be able to say that the Location field is locked to "SELECT LOCATION from dbo.USER_INFO where USERNAME = 'CURRENTUSERNAME'"

This would allow the predefined fields to be much more useful. The current set of five options is not very thorough, and not extensible at all. Being able to use those five predefined options in SQL queries would open up a much wider scope. Especially if they could be used in conjunction with the index data of the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto Index Failure Notification

When an Auto Index error occurs the workflow stops. There does not seem to be any type of notification that occurs, and typically is discovered by the end user when indexes are missing. An email notification to the admin would be great so they could address the error prior to an end users discovering it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reporting not available in DocuWare CLOUD

There is no way to connect to either the DWDATA or DWWORKFLOWENGINE tables in order to provide reporting for customer of DocuWare Cloud

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Audit Log Program

I know that you can turn on audit logging for access, delete, edit etc.. of documents, but it is put in notepad files and get overwritten and difficult to search. Would be a great feature to have an application that does this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stamp Bitmap with Form Field

Currently, if I define a stamp using a bitmap (a nice big angled "Rejected.jpg" image for example), I also want to require the user to specify a rejection reason.

If I do not use a bitmap, I can specify fields. But if I use a bitmap I cannot. This by definition means that I cannot combine a bitmap with a prompt to specify a region.

Please add the ability to use fields with bitmap stamps so that we can prompt users for additional data to go with the stamp.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. incomprehensible Restriction on Stamps

If I have an approval stamp and I name it APPROVE and assign it to a single file cabinet and user group. I can NEVER create another stamp that has the display name APPROVE again. Even for a different file cabinet, even for a different user group. -Because of the backwards way you guys treat DISPLAY NAME vs NAME when configuring a stamp, I cannot have a duplicate DISPLAY NAME, really? This is never the case ANYWHERE! What if I wanted to assign another approval stamp to another set of users. I then have to name that stamp something else,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make own reports regarding invoices awaiting approval

Would be good if there was a function where you could make your own reports with reference to invoices on hold within the DocuWare system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. An Index Field can be created so that document stored in the file cabinet can be automatically numbered e.g fin-001, fin-002, and next doc.

I want a situation whereby document given a unique id e.g fin-001, fin-002 should automatically store the next document as fin-003 when an index field is created for this purpose.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stamp assigned to a user overrides no 'can edit index entries' right

If a user is not granted 'Can Edit Index Entries' FC right, but is assigned a stamp that changes index fields - this should work, so the user can use the stamp, but still can't edit index entries via info dialog.
    Currently, if user has no 'Can Edit Index Entries' but has 'Apply new stamp' - the stamp can't be applied if it changes indices.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make DocuWare variables available in text area of stamp

Please allow the stamp text area to use DocuWare variables like user name and data/time variables.

Currently the user and date/time can be added as default stamp text but it's in a hard coded order.

Being able to change that order and potentially mix it with additional info would be helpful.

So instead of the standard stamp of this

Username
    Date time

I'd like to be able to configure it to this:

Date time Username

Or this:

CSR Username Date time

Essentially adding variables to the text area opens up a lot of additional options when designing stamps!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. DW 6.10 Automatic Numbering - reuse number if cancelled. Allow alpha prefix.

This new feature is great. Thank you, Docuware.

Just couple of things: when the store dialog with AutoNumbering fieldi is envoked, and then the stor operation is cancelled, the number that appeared in the stor dialog is not reused any more - so there is a gap in numbers. Is this an intended behavior or can be it changed so if the store operation is cancelled, that number is still available for the next store.

Since the field with Automatic Numbering is already a text field, would be nice to be allowed to prefix number portion of the field with some…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base