Connect to Mail must not clip different PDFs attached to email
- If an email is sent with different PDFs attached is because the PDFs are different documents.
- If the PDFs are different documents they should be individually archived
- When C2Mail clips them all (with no other option) a lot of human effort is required in order to archive those PDFs separately.
- This functionality kills the effectiveness of automatic storage given by C2Mail.
- If nothing else, please provide a checkbox so that the user may decide by himself whether he wants the clipping or not.
i agree with Joao,
we have the same problem,
the storage option "Attachment only" does not work if there are logos or images in the email.
it clips those images/logos to the document in attachment and sets the type of document to point(.).
this is very annoying and affects our business processes
Joao Penha-Lopes commented
DocuWare is all about avoid extra work to the customer.,,,it is all about automation.
We get the PDF invoices form an email inbox, via Connect to Mail and we send them automatically down the approval flow. If they are cliped we can't! It is this simple.
What you mean is that we have to tell some staff "here, catch these PDFs, check if they have more than one invoice and, if they do, uncllp them and then send the different PDFs to this folder so that DW can pick them up and send them in the flow.
If really this we want to tell the customer ?
From DW web page "Intuitive, effective document management and workflow automation for the processes at the heart of your business."
If you like the clipping functionality, please - at least - give us a checkbox when customers prefer otherwise. It is never a good thing to impose our best practices on the customers.
I agree with Kevin. Set up the configuration to go to a user or shared document tray, then you can unclip the documents and store them as needed.
Kevin Denton commented
Create a configuration which stores the email to the user tray, then from the tray you can unclip the documents.
Maurizio Bensi commented
Very useful feature
Horia Nes commented
This feature is good and maybe it will be more useful to click wich of the attachments do you want to archive.
Cristina Domingues commented