Versioning - Replace document
An option 'Replace Document' using with Versioning should be interesting. Actually, versioning allows to modify index entries and modify or attach documents to the original one, but not to replace (delete) the original one.
This is usefull for versioning when a new document becomes the latest needed documents.
This is done by lot of competitors
Thank you for your idea. We added it to our collection of ideas and features and will further investigate it. We currently cannot say exactly when this idea will be implemented. As soon as we have more information we will update its status.
Jean Coury commented
The need for this feature is critical for most companies since your connexion is not always available to connect to Docuware (especially in industrial businesses). Moreover you have to keep an history of the file even if you're using a new document template since you must keep all the indexes.
Here is usecase we have every day and can't achieve yet with DocuWare :
- While you are in a meeting with a client as a commercial you better pre-load documents on your computer in case your connexion is not good.
- You'll edit in front of the client some document to close your deal
- The meeting end and you know that as soon as you'll be back you'll have to send the document to the client in order for him to sign your proposal with his electronic stamp
- You connect to DocuWare and want to update the file since it has been previously generated on it
- [Expected new feature] You right clic on the document in order to "revise>upload a document" or "replace" (depending on the versionning system). You pick a new version number and add a comment.
- Your new doc is on DocuWare and you can use the Workflow to pass trough your boss validation before sending the proposal. He confirm the version evolution in checking the history and comments
It's a small step for DocuWare which bring great value to multiple businesses.
Please Vote !
please add a PDF replacement as well
Irene Eißler commented
The idea of versioning in DocuWare is that the document is taken from DocuWare, edited and saved again. But this is not the case in most use cases. You can get a new version from your ERP, have a new version scanned, sent by email ....
Just think about having a versioning of DocuWare price lists for example....