Configuration (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the configuration of DocuWare in this forum (i.e. DocuWare Administration, Workflow Designer, Desktop Apps).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stamp Bitmap with Form Field

Currently, if I define a stamp using a bitmap (a nice big angled "Rejected.jpg" image for example), I also want to require the user to specify a rejection reason.

If I do not use a bitmap, I can specify fields. But if I use a bitmap I cannot. This by definition means that I cannot combine a bitmap with a prompt to specify a region.

Please add the ability to use fields with bitmap stamps so that we can prompt users for additional data to go with the stamp.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the copying (Ctrl+C or right click menu) of Workflow ID in Workflow manager for use in the URL creator

This would eliminate the need to open the database manager or key in that long number.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Added to Ideas Backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Operations with Dates

i.e. "Add 18 months to Start Date" in a workflow to give the ability to send email notifications 1 month before the contract is over or to index another date field, etc

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Added to Ideas Backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email notification logging

It would be nice to see when notification emails are sent.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Separate the Check Out/Check In and Set As Current Version Rights For File Cabinet Profiles

Currently the Check Out/Check In and the Set as Current Version rights are bundled together as the "Check Out" right under the File Cabinet Profiles.

These should be considered as separate rights as we should be able to give users the right to Edit and the ability to set previous versions to current versions without giving the users right to Check Out a document.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add basket level alerts.

I'd like it so that if a basket reaches over a certain amount of documents (or total file size) it'll email a person of choice to alert them to it. So if we have an import job that grabs files from a network location and uploads them into a "pending" basket, if it gets over say 50 it'll email someone's supervisor to alert that the documents aren't being processed timely.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document trays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to remove functions from right-click menu in web basket/document tray

I would like to be able to remove "Store Automatically" from certain users' web basket/tray when right-clicking on a document. Customer needs to have users change index entries when storing, and they don't want any way for the user not to change the entries.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document trays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Connect 2 Mail to also allow the usage of .msg not just .pdf and .eml

I think it is great you added the .eml to the Exchange configuration in Coonect2Mail feature of 6.6.
    However the .eml extension does not allow for forward/reply/reply all from the right-click context menu. This is currently allowed with an Active import and Connect2Outlook stored emails.
    The only way to forward/reply/reply all is to edit the document. This causes a security concern for users that do not have the edit right/ however they were still able to forward/reply/ reply all from the context menu.

Please look at adding the emails as .msg again from the C2M module.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not currently planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Any chance that your login page could support a Federated Service option like ADFS?

I'm curious if Docuware could be configured to allow a Federated Service login such as ADFS, so that we could support multiple external clients without having to create them internal AD accounts

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Autoindex Scheduler Needs More Timing Options

In 7.0 the web based autoindex scheduler only allows for selecting starting times on the even hours ... 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 ... somtimes I want jobs to start at 5 after the hour so that other non-DocuWare processes can happen on the external database side. This used to be possible when scheduling was done in the admin application, please bring it back for the web based scheduler.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Autoindex  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Analytics button to show the workflow status/history in a single dashboard

(Suggestion by Maurício Dias, Partner DocuWare Corp.):
    In my opinion, By far there should be a button at the user panel of our Docuware Workflow solution that could show the workflow or all the workflows status/history in a single dashboard, with 1 or 2 Graphics presented in a new window of the browser ... Analytics (no matter how simple they are) are KPIs, which take decision markers to decide for one tool or another when deciding to choosing a document workflow software.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Smart Index - Make Functionality Similar to Document Processing Select Text Options

It would be very helpful if we were able to use the "after known character(s), before known character(s), between known character(s), between separator" options when configuring the Smart Index settings. These are available within Document Processing but for some reason when using Smart Index to OCR another screen there is no way to set the field values with this type of logic.

The other web based applications we have configured for the Smart Index may display headers and sections of data that vary in length, based upon each value. For example, our claims system always pulls up a "header" section…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Workflow Designer - Add Attachment as task completion option

Create an option for attachment of documents to existing workflow manager for completion of task and have the document staple to the current file. Ex; Attach a shipping document to a PO for verification.

Currently the option to clip documents to it and moving the workflow is an option, but am having it requested that an attachment HAS to be placed before proceeding.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Desktop notifications

Windows Desktop Notifications should be a thing, in the same way as E-Mail notifications are. If one has Desktop Apps installed or allowed the WebClient to send notifications, a User should be able to receive Desktop notifications in addition to Mail notifications.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a feature

Add a feature to the DocuWare Administration to block access to the DocuWare system with the .NET API for particular users. Any user who has an account on DocuWare system can get access with API. I would like to have a possibility to block it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why do we need to assign a file cabinet to every tray?

When we assign users to roles (as DocuWare encourages) you can't create an Inbox via the New User Wizard, because it requires us to select a file cabinet. But since we do not want to assign file cabinets to individual users, that functionality is not usable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document trays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Workflow Designer -> Assign Data -> Allow Reordering assignment statements

Because of scenarios like a changing workflow definition or project scope, or simply thinking of a new approach to a workflow can disrupt assignment dependencies. Once that happens, then delete all of the subsequent dependent assignments.

It's basically not being able to insert a line in your code. Just delete everything that follows the insertion point, then do the work over again.

Ability to Reorder assignment statements within an Assign Data task can fix this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Auto Index Failure Notification

When an Auto Index error occurs the workflow stops. There does not seem to be any type of notification that occurs, and typically is discovered by the end user when indexes are missing. An email notification to the admin would be great so they could address the error prior to an end users discovering it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. administration tool: allow confirm before exit when pressing OK

In the Administration Tool I know that I'm not the only person who wants to apply a change and every once in a while accidentally hits the OK button instead of Apply. I think it might be sufficient to rename it "Save and Close" ... I do appreciate the Ctrl-S and I'm trying to build that habit, but still. Keeps getting me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base