Client (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the DocuWare client in this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adjust parallel activity in workflow so it allows workflow to split into two separate and distinct paths

It would be helpful to have a workflow activity that splits the workflow into two branches. For example branch A could have its own activities, user assignments, notifications, etc. and then branch B could have its own activities. Once all activities in both branches were complete the paths would merge and the workflow would resume in a serial manner.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add feature for user to suspend a workflow item at a task activity

Add option for an end user to suspend a workflow task activity for a configurable amount of time. Sometimes you know a task cannot be acted upon immediately for whatever reason - it takes a week to get processed docs back from a third party for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Select a sender when I send an e-mail through workflow activity

At the work flow when there is an activity with an e-mail, I can send the e-mail to differents addressee but if I want to change the sender or select the sender who have to send the e-mail it's impossible, isn't it, because always choose the sender from e-mail service, and as I see always have to be the same, so please how can I change the sender when I program to send an e-mail through activity from the workfrow. I think it will be very interesting to have the oportunity to select the sender because not always the e.-mail…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Display multiple documents in workflow

It would be very powerful if you can display multiple documents in a workflow, basically the concept of a binder. Currently related documents is the only way to do that which requires toggling back and forth between screens. It is often necessary for an end user to see multiple document types to make a decision in a workflow task (It could even be documents in a different filing cabinet.) Additionally documents may be added to a filing cabinet downstream as part of a business process that need to be viewable in a workflow task.
    The ability to select or filter…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Workflow Tasks - Notification Sound on Arrival

Would be great to have the option for a Windows Notification when a workflow step arrives.

Direct request from a client, and I thought it worthy enough to submit.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search for used fields and variables in Workflow Designer

We all know that workflows can get very complex. At the moment, if you need to find out where in the workflow you are using certain variables the only way to find the assignments is to try and delete the variable. The Designer then shows you a list of all places where that variable has been used. However, currently you have no way of finding data assignments to fields as you can't search for them. It would be very helpful to have an option in the Designer where you can see all the different fields (even in other file cabinets)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make possible to assign a role on the substitution list.

When a Task is assigned to a Role, we want to assign the task to a third user in the case of all the members of the role are out of the office.
    Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow progress to be saved on a workflow task

It would be nice to be able to save work on a workflow task for completion at a later time.

For instance, when filling out GL account information on an invoice with a lot of line items, it would be nice to be able to save the progress to be completed later. Let's say I have an invoice with 50 line items that all need to be coded to a different account. Maybe I get to line 30 and need to go to a meeting. There isn't any way to save my progress so I can finish later.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. workflow for multiple cabinets

Why can't I use the same workflow for files in different cabinets? This has been done with STAMPS...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Filter and view unique documents

when supervising a flow, you see the document X times depending on how many people have the task assigned.... this clutters and fills the view, and gives silly numbers of pending tasks. (in our case most tasks are available to 10-15 peopler, therefore multiplying the list by that number...)

The ability to filter/show "different" task would be ideal.

Also the number of pending tasks should always refer to unique tasks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Conditional Formatting when Assigning.

For example:

I may want to assign to a department depending on an outcome or responsibility. At the moment I have to create multiple conditional formats and assigns for it to go to the correct person.

I would like it so you could go, if field equals finance then assign finance manager, if field equals sales then assign to sales manager, etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. allow html email notifications

The email notifications generated from workflows allow for quite a bit of customization with verbage and data fields, but they're plaintext. Nowadays people are accustomed to getting quite attractive email notifications from their various services so it would be great if you could add the ability to use html formatting and images in the emails - it would add to the professional look and feel of DocuWare.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Workflow Controllers to Move an Item to A Different Node in The Workflow

Would be great for Workflow Controllers to be able to move an item on demand to any node in that workflow. We can reassign or stop, but if we run into a routing problem would be great to move the item where we need for it to be, and then we can work with the design to avoid the problem in the future

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove authentication prompt when testing workflows

It would be more efficient if testing workflow did not prompt for credentials each time a workflow is tested. You have to authenticate when creating the trigger.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In a workflow table field entry I would like to set a required field for a specific row.

In a workflow table field entry I would like to set a required field for a specific row. Here is an example. We have therapy evaluations. The referral comes in and is scheduled for the different therapy types with a table field that has the therapy type, date, location, and completion date. Then the therapists do the evaluations and they fill in the completion date. I would like to require that they fill in the completion date but if I require it then the first person to complete the evaluation would have to enter a date for the rest of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. workflow email list

In the workflow designer there is a variable for user of a group and a checkbox for a list variable. I would like to have a list variable for email addresses. I would also like to be able to fill that list with more than 100 results from a file cabinet query

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Right-Click "Open Document in File Cabinet" for Workflow Tasks

It would be very helpful for Administrators to be able to right-click on a Workflow task and open the document in the File Cabinet. This would make troubleshooting a multi-workflow configuration much simpler and more user-friendly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Flag document if workflow has been stopped or errored

Workflow Controllers have the option to stop a workflow instance and, it may happen that a workflow errors and then stops. In both cases the document will retain the current document status and it may go unnoticed by the workflow users to find out that a task simply has disappeared from their list. It would be great to have an ability to catch these documents either in a List or in a system workflow which then sends tasks or email notifications to dedicated members of staff - who are not necessarily workflow controllers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Define reminder dates for tasks based on due dates rather than define due dates by reminder dates

I frequently have workflows that require tasks to be due by x number of days after an indexed date.
    The problem is I can only set the reminder date by a variable, which requires me to hardcode the due date after a reminder date.

I have a situation where a reminder date is 1 week before a due date, and the due date should be 30 days after a date index field.

If the document is stored the day before the task needs to be due, the reminder date defaults to the following day (since a reminder cannot be set…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve Testing and Add Unit Tests to Workflow

Allow us to create saved unit tests for the workflow system.
    That way we can press a button to see if any modifications broke anything in the system.

Also date manipulation is broken in the testing environment. Using VBA expressions to change a date, defaults the date to the year 0001 in testing but works fine in actual workflows.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base