Client (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the DocuWare client in this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Accounting people want to type dollar amount without DOT ("."). We had this on 6.0 but not 6.9.

Accounting people used to type dollar amount without "." (DOT). For example, 12345 will show as $123.45. Old 6.0 version had this but not 6.9. Is it easy to turn this function back on? Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Conditional Merge Form Templates

It would be useful to only Merge onto specific templates based on a condition.

I have a client that has variations on some of their PDF templates used for Merge Forms (usually between 2 and 6 variations). For example, headers and footers may differ between departments, but the information being merged is generic.

Currently I give each Merge Form a unique fixed entry (i.e. department name) which gets matched against the department selected in a drop down list. When the forms enter a workflow, the documents where the selected entry does not match the fixed entry get marked for deletion.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Looping form merge

Fil the same forms more than once per single submission. Example Parent is registering multiple children for school. They choose "3" children. We can use behaviors to open up the questions for each child, name, grade, etc. It would be nice if I could fill the same forms three times, one per child because all the parent information etc is the same. Please just add some workflow logic to how many times to fill the form.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Conditional forms merge based on values entered by user

Choose to fill a form or not based on values entered by user. Example: onboarding for a multi state HR department. If the user works in Illinois only the Illinois state tax form is filled and stored, the other states are not filled nor stored.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow us to set the Workflow stamp location on a Form

Would like to designate where the workflow stamp is placed on a form, or at least to designate a page other than the first page for placement of the workflow stamp. If the workflow has many steps with stamps, it starts covering up the form and sometimes the other stamps already placed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. the ability to link index fields on a form before the form is completed

Sometimes there is already data in Docuware that should be visual on a form, I'm thinking of a work order, for example. If you could generate the form where the customer data or the work order is already filled in, then that is very clear to the user who then has to fill in the work order with, for example, the materials used or hours worked.
    Now you can only folder this after the form is linked back in Docuware.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Configurable Output and Indexing settings for each Attach File field

Make it possible to store file attachments separately, instead of always clipping them to the main form(s). For example, in a W-9 Vendor Signup form, we may prompt the vendor to attach their Certificate of Liability Insurance. Instead of clipping this attachment to the W-9 form, we would like to store this document separately with a document type of "Certificate of Liability Insurance".

Currently, every attachment for every File Attach field gets clipped to the Web Form or to EVERY merged form that is configured. This is rarely the desired behavior and results in duplicate documents.

Instead, being able to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. create a datetime field in forms

In forms there is a date field but that puts the time part of the datetime field in the database as 00:00:00 We have out of town expense reports that calculate the time to determine if meals should be paid. So if you leave early enough you get reimbursed for breakfast for example. Or if you get back early enough you don't get reimbursed for dinner. Currently use a spreadsheet and then print it to docuware but I would like to create a form so we could fill it out on our phones and take pictures of receipts to attach…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Forms - Fully Data Enabled

Requesting full data interaction in Forms. For instance, fill in a key value and have other fields fill in based on that. For instance: last 4 of social pull First Name, Last Name and DOB from data and fills in those fields. I wish that were there all the time and an existing client just asked me to put in a request for it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Retain original file format in merge forms

For example if you use a word doc as the document to accept merge data into then store as a word doc and not convert to a pdf. Thereby enabling edit capability going forward.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Request for changes on linked lists

We would like to make an evolution request that would allow for greater comfort in entering storage forms by automatically filling in a field with a list linked to another field and offering a single value.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pre-fill E-Form Values From An Existing DocuWare Record

It would be very useful if I could right click on a record (from a search result) and click on something like "Send To E-Form", and have certain values on the E-Form to be auto populated from matching index values from the record I initiated the E-Form from. For example, a doctor creating a visit note for a patient does not want to re-key all of the patient information into the form during the visit. If the form could be auto populated based on an already existing record, the doctor will only have to fill in the relevant information pertaining…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Arithmetic Expression in Forms

Allow the use of arithmetic expressions in forms. This would be used to either populate cabinet fields with form fields or work out calculations on the forms.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. forms on ipad

There should be an option to set forms to display in desktop view on mobile devices such as an iPad as a mobile view is to narrow for the screen size of a tablet.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change Date Field in forms so that when a user types a dash it doesn't jump to the year

When a user enters a date into a Date field, the dashes auto fill and tab to the next component of the date. If the user types the dash, it has the effect of jumping ahead twice.

Additionally, if I'm entering my birthdate in most forms, I can use the calendar drop down to find the right month and date for the current year, then just go highlight the year and type over with my birth year. In DocuWare Forms, I highlight the year and when I start typing it jumps to the beginning (month component). Very weird behavior.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow wildcard search in Docuware Forms

As far as I know, there is no possibility to search with a wildcard in a text field based on a select list.
    Eg. :
    I have a select list such as AB 100, 1B 101, AB 102,

I'd like to get the result "AB 102" if I type "102", or even just "102".

Thanks,

F. Tassy

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add location services to populate Forms in the field

Adding the ability to capture cell phone location on a Form so for use cases where you have remote users filling out forms they can 1) Not have to enter address 2) Be used as "proof" they were at the site.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. keywords in forms and workflows

Ability to have KEYWORD field type in forms and workflows.
    Also the table field types!! consistency between cabinet fields and forms and workflows would be great!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Edit web form during multiple steps of a workflow before submitting to a merge form

For example on an Employee Injury Report form it would be nice for the employee to fill the top half of the form and then submit it to step 2 where a manager finishes filling out the form by utilizing the form itself and not a task dialog (no signature box is available in a task dialog). Then the form is submitted to a merge form which formats all the data into a pdf.

Currently you cant sign a form in multiple steps like this without using a stamp. This makes the workflow look very rudimentary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add HTML support to forms fixed text element

Add HTML support to forms fixed text element, such as bullets. Text can be formatted in Word but most of the formatting is lost when the text is pasted into the editor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base