Client (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the DocuWare client in this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make it possible to do a word search or number search in the document tray to filter out duplicates.

On a daily basis we receive a large amount of Certificate of Analysis (COA) for the raw materials that are delivered. There will be multiple copies of the COA's for the same lot and then there will be other lots attached as well. I am unable to take the time to look through all of them, so we scan everything. Once they are in the document tray I need a solution to filter out the duplicate COA's before I store them. For instance, right now I have 600 COA's I need to store but I know I could get rid…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FullText search result list to show summary view of first keyword

In the application of a legal store and retrieval project scenario when doing a FullText search could the result list show a summary of text before and after the first found keyword to give some basic context to the document found. For example; you search for "John Smith litigation" and you can preview a sentence like "in 1975, John Smith company was in a litigation battle because...."

This sentence would appear in a mouse-over bubble in the result list per returned document. Currently having to double click and have the complete first page open up is a slow process when…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change the default file cabinets when searching multiple file cabinets

Our client would like the ability to change the default file cabinets that are selected when performing a search across multiple file cabinets. Whenever you do a multi-file cabinet search, the same file cabinets are always selected. In an instance that you say want to select the same 4 file cabinets every time, you would have to add the same 2 file cabinets every time and couldn't change it to default to 4 file cabinets. This has been tested by DW support and confirmed not to be a function of DocuWare currently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Options for changing the font and the font size for search and result dialogues

It should be possible to change the font and the font size for search dialogues and result lists to safe space. Until now you can only use the zoom from your browser.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use 'Tab' same as 'Enter' in search dialog index field selection

When you enter a value in a search dialog index field, you see automatically the results to choose from. You can walk through results using the cursorbuttons and select a value by ENTER. Would be usefull to make the select also possible by using ALT button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Left Clicking or highlighting a value in the search dialog allows you to select and can copy the value.

From the file cabinet, left click on any of the value allows you to select that value (highlight) and copy so that you can paste it elsewhere, like back into a search dialog.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Right Click on a value to search for all related documents based on this value

From the file cabinet, right click on any of the values and have ability to search for all related documents based on this value in this category. For example if Status = Indexed and I wanted to quickly search for all documents with this same value even though my search dialog had be set to another search type, then i can initiate a new search dialog from the right click and a drop down option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Filters in Lists & Result Lists

Abitily to filter columns/fields in the result lists or even in the search results to further narrow the search... but especially in LISTS, since they are predefined and have no ability to continue narrowing down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Time intelligence

Ability to search relative dates! Yesterday, last week, last month, last year etc...
    Also the ability to search a specific month and not only a specific date!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I suggest that you be able to type in the folder section the first letter to jump to that folder

I suggest that you be able to type in the folder section the first letter to jump to that fold

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. control who has access to the change field for all documents - nice option for those that need it, but a bit scary for those that don't.

control who has access to the change field for all documents - nice option for those that need it, but a bit scary for those that don't.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Visual Display of Cabinets during search

I suggest that you enable a visual display of document categories in folder form. (The same way you can view folders and subfolders plus files)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow multiple key combinations. CTRL, Alt and SHIFT too common. Need to be able to use CTRL-ALT, CTRL-SHIFT, ALT-SHIFT as command modifiers

Allow multiple key combinations. CTRL, Alt and SHIFT too common. Need to be able to use CTRL-ALT, CTRL-SHIFT, ALT-SHIFT as command modifiers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Check fields authorizations server-side

I regularly use fields to filter access to documents in a filecabinet (e.g. : "country = Germany" is set by default and is read-only for users in Germany). Problem being that anyone can just right-click on the field and delete its attribute "disabled" and then delete the filter, thus accessing any documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to color code lines in the Invoice Search Dialog Box

To provide the user(s) the ability to color code specific line items. there are line items that are not being worked due to various reasons however one has to continuously go back into the invoice to see notes as opposed to being able to highlight a line to know it can not be worked at this time, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow users to create their own Custom Searches.

Users should be able to create their own search lookup. That way they can customize their lookup and not have to manually enter search criteria or have the Admin create their own custom lookup. It would also be nice if the user had the ability to pin and rename favorite searches. I know there is similar option called Recent searches but it is not ideal and you can't rename them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move the scrollbar to the right so that I can select if when moving mouse to the edge of the screen

Hello,

In the search results, the scroll bar is just a few pixels from the edge of the screen. This means that when I move my mouse to the edge, the scroll bar isn't highlighted, so I can't select it move up and down. Please push or extend the scroll bar to the very edge so that the mouse pointer catches it. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change icon of unreadable document

In the result list, when a document is unreadable (profil attribute of the user), having a "crossed" logo, informing the user AND preventing him to any try to open the document. Today (6.7 and more) an error message appear.
    In addition, is it possible to display the index (via Modify index menu) even if the document is not displayable. today it is not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When using the Checkout feature of version control there is no notice that the document is checked out to a subsequent user if they are only

When using the Checkout feature of version control there is no notice that the document is checked out to a subsequent user if they are only viewing the document. A notice of being checked out is only shown if a subsequent viewer attempts to edit the document. A notice should also be provided that the document is check out even if they are only viewing it. Otherwise the user viewing the document is assuming that it is the most current version and may take action accordingly not knowing that they should actually wait and view the document later after any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Result List Navigation

Move navigation of search results to the top so that they are in constant view and access. (Side to side slide bar, page advances, etc.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base