Skip to content

Client (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the DocuWare client in this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

47 results found

1. Docuware Trays Dropdown needs to show number of files in tray

It would be nice to have the number of files in each tray display on the drop down. This way I don't have to open the tray to see if anything needs to be processed. Please see attachment for example.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add additional permissions to document trays

It would be nice to be able to break out the 'use' permission on a document tray to be two separate permissions: View and Modify. Currently, personnel have full access to another persons working tray when they have the Use permission applied, but they have requested the ability to lock down their own trays where others on the team have visibility (View / Read Only), but not edit.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea.
    Right now we are focusing on other topics, so we are not considering this idea for future releases. If the demand for this topic increases, we might add it to future plans.

Document trays are meant for individual temporary storage. If you want more security you should consider using a file cabinet.

3. Add Ability to Remove Blank Pages

Would be nice to have the ability to remove blank pages from the web basket and also from the stored documents in the cabinet. This feature should be available from the task list as well.

Would also be nice to have the ability to automatically detect and remove blank pages with the import feature.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow us to control which store dialogs can be seen from a document tray

document trays are used for different things. eg. invoices coming in to one facility go into a particular document tray (from C2Mailor or from DWImport from a hotfolder linked to that facility's MFP, or users at that facility only have access to that C2O configuration, etc). Wouldn't it be great if any of those invoices could only be stored using one particular store dialog (eg. the Invoices one), even if that particular user also had access to a store dialog for contracts or other documents that never ended up in this tray? That would simplify the user's menus, reduce possible…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to edit after checking out/checking in a document

Allow users to edit after checking out/checking in a document. Version control should be able to be manual and automatic not limited

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Store Automatically Currently ignores the settings in the selected store dialog. It should still default values in fields etc.

Personally I think this is a bug. Currently Store Dialog settings like preloaded default values are ignored. If you select multiple documents in a tray and use the Store Automatically the settings of the store dialog are not processed. This causes huge issues if a status field for instance was preloaded to kick off a particular workflow. The user is allowed to do it but the documents get stored without the necessary default index values and the user has no idea the fields were not filled in as they are if they store one at a time with the store…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. have a number pop up on the document trays tab when you have items in your inbox.

Just like there is a number for when you have tasks in your task list

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display number of document in document trays

Hello,

It would be very helpful if the number of documents in each trays was display in the list of the document trays (see picture).

When a user have to deal with a great number of document trays, it will help to increase his productivity.

See also this idea : https://docuware.uservoice.com/forums/230570-client-english/suggestions/19059898-docuware-trays-dropdown-needs-to-show-number-of-fi
    It's from 2 years now, is this idea will be implemented soon ?

Thank you.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a mass delete within the "temp" document tray due to the fact if you have an issue during import all the files get placed there.

Create a mass delete within the "temp" document tray due to the fact if you have an issue during "import" all the files get placed there. I have had to manual go in and delete over 5,000 document multiple times, perhaps add where deletion workflows can be done to document trays

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Is should be possible for the admin to reset/pre-define the default tray for a user

When creating a new tray for a user, the admin should have the option to make that new tray the new default tray of the user. At the moment it seems random which tray of a user become the default tray. The decision should initially lie with the admin as there might be import jobs or printer configurations which forward the processed documents to the default tray of the user

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to send a document in a document tray to an import config

When a document is in a Document tray, It would be nice if we could process the document against a specified import configuration. In example, select the document, right click, send to ==> <import config>. (for splitting and indexing). Only way I am aware, is to download the file from the document tray, using Import from Desktop Apps. or manually split/index/store the document

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Modified By and Entered By fields to fields visible in docTray.

Add Modified By and Entered By fields to fields visible in docTray. This would allow users who use a shared document tray to see which documents they are responsible for.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable searches for document trays

If I scan 50 documents to my document tray and none of the sort options are suitable then I have to manually scan the tray for the document I want to find.

If I scan documents in a certain order they are imported to the tray in a random order 9.5/10 times. Using the created on or modified on filter doesn't do the job of helping me find what i'm looking for.

Printer/Import configs help give documents names to help identify instead of a printer scanner meaningless name but you should be able to search for something specific instead of…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Documents To Be Placed in the Tray In The Order In Which They Were Selected

When adding files to a tray from a result view or importing, the documents will not keep the order in which they entered the tray.
    This was a feature of the Windows client. They were added to the Basket Synchronously. With the web client they are added Asynchronously and if a larger file takes more processing in the queue it will go in later. Also the modification time seems to be based on minutes rather than the "milliseconds since Epoch to date". This also throws them out of order.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Select "all" choice

Need a “select all” button so I can clear out/delete my tray after I’m done working. For example: I had to copy an entire file section for the state. I had to go through the file page by page to separate out the different documents so only the pages that belonged together were in that document. I split out the next one and so on. I did this because I needed to print them as 2-sided and this was the only way I could think of that wouldn’t put a page that didn’t belong (i.e. 1 of 3 pgs –…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Restore Side by Side Web Baskets and Indexing Fields

Previous versions of Docuware allowed baskets to be organized side by side in columns. The current (v6.7) split view window is a poor substitute and uses space much less efficiently than did the old version's columns.

Further, having the indexing fields completely overtake the basket view is a phenomenal waste of space and deprives the user of valuable information. There is no need to have index fields that extend the entire width of the monitor.

Please restore a view option that approximates the old (v5) column view. It was far more information dense and vastly more useable.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Edit index data in a tray

Add the ability to edit index data in a tray. We can view it today but not edit. We should have same ability as in the Search Results Dialog.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There should be audit logs for trays and a

There should be audit logs for trays and a Recycle Bin type thing in case files get deleted accidentally

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to copy document to tray without index data.

We would like an option to copy a document from a cabinet to a tray without copying all index data.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Number of pages in documents trays when intelligent indexing

When a tray uses intelligent indexing, we can't see the number of pages of the document.
    We need it please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?