Client (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the DocuWare client in this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. automatically advance to the another field when a barcode is scanned in forms.

I have a form for inventory disposal. It has fields for asset control numbers. The asset control tags have barcodes but when I scan them the curser remains in the fields where I scanned the code. It would be nice if I could scan the barcode and have it advance to the next field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to select checkboxes on a fillable document through the workflow

For example, the document has checkbox fields that need to be marked. The only way I can figure out how to do it is make a field for each checkbox and instruct the users to enter "X" in the text field if they would want it selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reminders on Forms

Have ability to add reminders on forms that they will be expiring or need updates at certain times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow select lists to be used for check box/multiple choice in forms

I have forms that use checkbox fields. But I would like to be able to use a dynamic list for the checkbox items. An example of this is class lists for attendance. When a kid enrolls or drops I would like to be able to use the student record information to change the attendance form automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add ability to unlock documents in cloud

Having the ability to unlock a document stored in a cloud version of DocuWare would be nice. Sometimes users leave documents locked which can cause an issue if the document is moving through a workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DocuWare Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Locking an open document in the Document Tray

Our customer often work on shared document tray to which a many people have access to.
    Unfortunately very common happened that the same document is opened in Document Tray by two or more persons and they try to store it in Docuware.
    The one who is faster will store it and the other one will receive an error message that such document does not exist anymore.

So we ask to add functionality of locking an access to the document in Document Tray if someone opens such a document in Document Tray.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document trays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Assign alternate web form field to a file cabinet index field when storing to the cabinet

I am using multiple optional form fields to collect document index data dynamically through form behaviors. It would be nice to write form field 2 data to the document index if field 1 is empty.

This would be like assigning multiple OCR zones to a single index field in Document Processing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Highlight Search

The new Highlight Search feature added to SmartConnect has a major design flaw. You specify a search dialog and one field to search but Highlight Search IGNORES all the specific criteria set in the selected search dialog which means it returns way more documents then the user expects. Example: I have an Accounting Documents - Purchase Order search that searches Doctype = Purchase Order and PO Number is the field that Highlight Search is configured to use. I highlight a PO Number in my accounting software and DocuWare Highlight Search returns the PO, Invoice, Check, Packing List, etc. even though…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Workflow: Remove active instances immediately from Tasks if User is removed from a Role

Workflow: Remove active instances immediately from a user's Tasks if user is removed from a role that is part of the workflow. Currently the active instances that were assigned to the user while they were part of the role stay in the user's Tasks until they are completed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. i suggest that you put a zoom function in the document tracy

It would really be nice if I could see my documents in my tray instead of having to open them up one at a time and look at them., IF I have 10 doucments I would like to be able to read all of them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Trash Can

Add a trashcan to each user account, where all deleted documents reside after deletion, and can be restored from, for a period of 90 days prior to permanent deletion.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Administration of viewer defaults

Users can individually change their viewing preferences but it would be useful to be able to customize the defaults. For example, turning on the Navigation menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Workflow form validation with web service

When forms are complex, with many fields which requires cross check and external databases lookup, the validation is not achievable with a single condition.
    Having the ability to call a REST or SOAP web service to perform validation (as in store dialogs), would greatly increase the application usability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. intelligent indexing field filter - add option to use Local Data Connector for dynamic lists

Currently you need to use a text file to update the Vendor field filter. Every time a new Vendor is added a new file needs to be uploaded. If you add the ability to use Local Data Connector this will update automatically.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intelligent Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a recycle bin for any deletions taking place on docuware with a configurable retention date in the bin.

Add a recycle bin for to store anything deleted for x amount of days
    (x) admin configurable option, we had an issue where a webform/ merge form were deleted and had to be re designed from scratch, would be nice to restore from somewhere

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change viewer tool option from a indivual setting to an admin setting.

Allow administrators to configure the viewer tool option. Instead of having users configure the option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change yellow color on worfklow

Yellow is worthless in a workflow, which means we are even more limited on color choices. Please either give us more color choices, or change yellow to something darker like Orange, that can be read when stamped on a doc in the workflow. Yellow just cannot be seen at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I suggest that you change the behavior of date fields when stocking a document.

I suggest that you change the behavior of date fields when storing a document.
    On the current behavior, on starting filling "DD", it automatically fills "MM/YYYY" with the current month and year. Awesome, don't change that.
    But if by mistake we fill "15/11/201" (instead of "15/11/2021"), we change the line, then come back on the date field, delete all the value and start filling with "15", it automatically completes with the previous wrong information "11/201" instead of the initial behavior (current month and year).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Storing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I suggest that you change the behavior of date fields when stocking a document.

I suggest that you change the behavior of date fields when storing a document.
    On the current behavior, on starting filling "DD", it automatically fills "MM/YYYY" with the current month and year. Awesome, don't change that.
    But if by mistake we fill "15/11/201" (instead of "15/11/2021"), we change the line, then come back on the date field, delete all the value and start filling with "15", it automatically completes with the previous wrong information "11/201" instead of the initial behavior (current month and year).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Storing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. add full support file attaching in WEC

The WEC app only supports attaching documents to outlook by right clicking on the document and using the "Send-to" option. It might be useful if other means of attaching documents from WEC were fully supported.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base