Client (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the DocuWare client in this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Force Date fields to System Region

When storing documents with 'US' culture encoded into the PDF, we have found that the date field will store in US format like MM/DD/YYYY

This is despite our system being configured in all areas to use Australian date format DD/MM/YYYY

DocuWare support has advised that this is working as intended, but I cannot see how this makes any logical sense as it promotes incorrect data.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow drag and drop to Outlook e-mails for sending documents

I get a lot of requests from users that would like the option to drag and drop documents from the DocuWare webclient (i.e. from a search result) directly into an Outlook e-mail.

Currently, the only option is to right click and Send by E-mail. However this option creates a new, empty, e-mail and freezes up the whole Outlook client until the e-mail is sent. This renders our users unable to respond to document requests or to attach documents into ongoing conversations - which is the case most of the time when a document is needed.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stamp Digital Certificate

Would be great to have the Digital Certicate linked to the DopcuWare Stamp same way done in document processing.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stamps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I suggest you to support Slovenian language on Docuware Cloud, it is annoying for our prospect that Slovenian language is not supported yet.

I suggest you to support Slovenian language on DocuWare Cloud, it is annoying for our prospects in Slovenia that Slovenian language is not supported yet.

For getting new customers this is a must for us.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DocuWare Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Assign workflow controllers via roles

Typically there are many different workflows where for example the Accounting users should be workflow controllers so that they can keep an eye on everyone's tasks. It would be very helpful to be able to assign a Role in to be the workflow controllers so that User Management becomes much easier with staff changes...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export/Extract Users and Select Lists from Configurations

Many are times that we are needed to extract some of the key administration data from the system, e.g users, select lists etc sometimes for security, audit or documentation purposes or general organization reporting. This function is however missing on cloud version 7.5. Kindly consider including this function which will go a long way in addressing system needs and expectations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DocuWare Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Intelligent indexing and colour blindness

14% of the Spanish population suffers from colour blindness (about 3.7 million Spaniards according to other sources, and an estimated 8% of the world's population).

This is no small number. By extrapolation, 14% of Spanish Docuware users live with this problem. It would not be unreasonable to think that a customisation of colours would benefit and please many Docuware users.

That is why we propose an improvement: From 'Profile and Settings' the user can customise the red, yellow and green colours that are presented in the current interface.

El 14% de la población española sufre de daltonismo (cerca de 3,7…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intelligent Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Edit web form during multiple steps of a workflow before submitting to a merge form

For example on an Employee Injury Report form it would be nice for the employee to fill the top half of the form and then submit it to step 2 where a manager finishes filling out the form by utilizing the form itself and not a task dialog (no signature box is available in a task dialog). Then the form is submitted to a merge form which formats all the data into a pdf.

Currently you cant sign a form in multiple steps like this without using a stamp. This makes the workflow look very rudimentary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make the option "Add wildcard to the search" also available for Select Lists.

It would be useful to have this option as for search masks.

This would make it easier to filter the values in the list.
    Would be extremely useful on Web Forms

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the ability to select checkboxes on a fillable document through the workflow

For example, the document has checkbox fields that need to be marked. The only way I can figure out how to do it is make a field for each checkbox and instruct the users to enter "X" in the text field if they would want it selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Locking an open document in the Document Tray

Our customer often work on shared document tray to which a many people have access to.
    Unfortunately very common happened that the same document is opened in Document Tray by two or more persons and they try to store it in Docuware.
    The one who is faster will store it and the other one will receive an error message that such document does not exist anymore.

So we ask to add functionality of locking an access to the document in Document Tray if someone opens such a document in Document Tray.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document trays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Assign alternate web form field to a file cabinet index field when storing to the cabinet

I am using multiple optional form fields to collect document index data dynamically through form behaviors. It would be nice to write form field 2 data to the document index if field 1 is empty.

This would be like assigning multiple OCR zones to a single index field in Document Processing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Highlight Search

The new Highlight Search feature added to SmartConnect has a major design flaw. You specify a search dialog and one field to search but Highlight Search IGNORES all the specific criteria set in the selected search dialog which means it returns way more documents then the user expects. Example: I have an Accounting Documents - Purchase Order search that searches Doctype = Purchase Order and PO Number is the field that Highlight Search is configured to use. I highlight a PO Number in my accounting software and DocuWare Highlight Search returns the PO, Invoice, Check, Packing List, etc. even though…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Workflow: Remove active instances immediately from Tasks if User is removed from a Role

Workflow: Remove active instances immediately from a user's Tasks if user is removed from a role that is part of the workflow. Currently the active instances that were assigned to the user while they were part of the role stay in the user's Tasks until they are completed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. i suggest that you put a zoom function in the document tracy

It would really be nice if I could see my documents in my tray instead of having to open them up one at a time and look at them., IF I have 10 doucments I would like to be able to read all of them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Trash Can

Add a trashcan to each user account, where all deleted documents reside after deletion, and can be restored from, for a period of 90 days prior to permanent deletion.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Administration of viewer defaults

Users can individually change their viewing preferences but it would be useful to be able to customize the defaults. For example, turning on the Navigation menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Workflow form validation with web service

When forms are complex, with many fields which requires cross check and external databases lookup, the validation is not achievable with a single condition.
    Having the ability to call a REST or SOAP web service to perform validation (as in store dialogs), would greatly increase the application usability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. intelligent indexing field filter - add option to use Local Data Connector for dynamic lists

Currently you need to use a text file to update the Vendor field filter. Every time a new Vendor is added a new file needs to be uploaded. If you add the ability to use Local Data Connector this will update automatically.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intelligent Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a recycle bin for any deletions taking place on docuware with a configurable retention date in the bin.

Add a recycle bin for to store anything deleted for x amount of days
    (x) admin configurable option, we had an issue where a webform/ merge form were deleted and had to be re designed from scratch, would be nice to restore from somewhere

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base