Client (English)

Please post all ideas that concern the DocuWare client in this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Wildcard (*) Searching in Workflow Task Form Field Select List

When filling in a field in a store or search dialogue, the user can use the wildcard character * to search for a sub-string. For instance, if a field's select list contains the value "Test Field Value 12345", the user can type "*12345" and the select list dropdown will return all values that contain 12345 within them.

This does NOT work on select lists for workflow task form fields. It would be helpful if we could use wildcards to narrow down select lists on workflow task form fields and not just the dialogues.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I suggest that the auto increment value in Forms, increase when the form is submit, not before.

Because if I clouse the form and I open again, I lose my sequence number.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I suggest that you add an option to have live hyperlinks.

I am wondering if it was possible to be able to click on a hyperlink which gets stored as one of the index fields. We would like some of our users to be able to click either on the result list or the DocuWare viewer and whatever the link has is where the users will be re-directed to.

Can that be done? We tried saving a couple of links on the result list and even on the document but the links are not clickable.

I have the URL for google.com but I would have to select edit index entries and…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stamp Restriction

Enabling Stamp restrictions not just to file cabinet but also to certain Tasklist would allow for a work flow to stay conistant withou breaking out of the workflow process by Stamping something "Entered" for example before it should be. Such as being stamped entered before the document has been approved or verified.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Annotations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stamp Digital Certificate

Would be great to have the Digital Certicate linked to the DopcuWare Stamp same way done in document processing.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stamps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Deny users to create a "Personal Stamp".

Currently, Any user can create a personal stamp and update the document(s) metadata without any validation.

From the Configuration page, "Configure Stamp" permission under functional profile doesn't affect "Personal Stamps", and the user will still have the permissions to create stamps and use it.

In the case we have a workflow process with one task contain two decisions (Approved, Rejected), the decision will affect "status" filed to be updated as (approved, rejected).

Users need to have the permission of (write, modify) on the "status" field to take the decisions, at the same time user can create a personal stamp with…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stamps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. search folders

Folders is a great concept, but when you have a lot of folders it does not work. If you could conduct a search of the folders then get a list of the folders that contain that search - that would be really nice.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow more than one field display in select list

Allow the select list to display more than one field from text file or DB connection, so that you could have a field for the value to be selected and a description of that field's value.

I.E a GL Number to be selected and the description of the account that number represents.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Ability to Remove Blank Pages

Would be nice to have the ability to remove blank pages from the web basket and also from the stored documents in the cabinet. This feature should be available from the task list as well.

Would also be nice to have the ability to automatically detect and remove blank pages with the import feature.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document trays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow a single document within a clipped document to be removed or copied.

We clip multiple files together for a workflow and store the document, however we need the ability to copy one of those files, modify it, then re-store it as a separate document without affecting the clipped file.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow page deletion after a document has been stored into the file cabinet.

It would be nice if you could delete and organize pages after they have been stored into the file cabinet. This function should be available in your tray as well.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Our customers have to have the Placeholder function of the Field Masks included in the Web Client

According to your FAQ #1858, Because of technical reasons it is not possible to display in Web Client placeholders in fields with field masks. Only in Windows Client placeholders can be displayed.

A large portion of our customer base is comprised of County Clerk’s Office within the State of Indiana. The primary field that they use to look up documents is a 24-character Cause Number, which includes numbers and letters separated by dashes in a state-defined format. In the Windows Client, we create a field mask which not only eliminates input errors but speeds data entry. The first 2 digits…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Added to Ideas Backlog  ·  5 comments  ·  Storing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. View attachments within Outlook .msg files

90% of our documents are Outlook .msg files, most with embedded attachments (mostly pdf's). They are inserted using an automated Active Import process. The embedded attachments look like a clickable link in the web client, but of course they don't open. It would be great to be able to click that link and open those embedded documents (see attached for example).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Viewing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. restore the ability to filter select lists in the cloud using SQL statements

I'm building a pretty standard AP setup using cloud 7.1 and just want the users to pick from a list of open purchase orders that are stored in DW. can't do it! why not? can't filter select lists using SQL statements in the cloud! wtf? bring it back.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DocuWare Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. If a vendor sends multiple attachments in one email, that each attachment was separated into individual documents in DW tray

Many vendors send multiple attachments in one email. When stored to the New Invoices tray all the attachments are clipped together as one document. Would love it if each attachment was stored as an individual document

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Storing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve keyword string splitting mechanism

When you put a string inside a keyword field/variable, the system split the string in separate keyword entries at each space or comma in the string wich is simply horrible to handle.

You have a dirty workaround solution by putting your string in a text variable concatenated with quotes and then assign the text variable in the keyword field.

Plus, currently, if there is quotes inside the string itself (for example, french words and/or expressions are using quotes), your trick with the intermediate string variable doesn't work at all...

You should add the possibility, in the data assignations inside the…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Place Hoders for Signatures

When opening a document that needs stamping/signing, it would be great if stamp go automatically go to a predefined location on the document (signature field).

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Signing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can you add a Skip feature when storing documents?

After selecting a group of documents from a tray and dragging them to the store dialog, if I find I have an issue with a document and I want to leave it in the tray and not store it, I have to press cancel and re-select the remaining documents and again dragto the dialog. Can a skip icon be added so we can stop doing this and instead after storing the final document the screen returns to the documents I skipped?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Storing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stamping multiple documents in a single step be restored to the web client

Stamping of multiple documents/pages were available in the Windows client. We have a customer with a urgent need for this feature in the web client after using this in the Windows client

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Connector Microsoft Flow / Power Automate

Please create a connector for Connector Microsoft Flow / Power Automate.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DocuWare Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base